How to Lead a Family Devotion - A Look in the Mirror #181
In 30 years of working with men, no pain men face seems to hurt as much as "child pain." On the other hand, if your children are doing well, all of your other problems will fit into a thimble.
Now that I have two grown, happily married children who are walking with the Lord, I can look back and see what set the stage for their spiritual walks. One VERY important activity was to set aside a time for a brief family devotion at the beginning of most days during the school year. It was not so much the activity itself as the "message" about how important Patsy and I deemed devotions, the discussions that it got our family into, and the spirit of prayer it fostered both then and now.
I wrote up how we did our family devotions for the book, Devotions For Couples (Zondervan). Here is an edited version of that chapter....
Read More...
Popular Posts
-
Use in the Bible: In the Old Testament Jehovah-Shalom occurs only once in Jdg 6:24 . Variant spellings: None TWOT Reference: Non...
-
VOICES – TESTING Psalms 1:1 “Blessed is the man that walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the way of sinners,…” ...
-
A disciple is someone called, equipped, and sent--called to live "in" Christ, equipped to live "like" Christ, and sent t...
-
Finishing Well, Starting Strong As we close out another year, here’s something to consider... “Treat every day as if it’s your fi...