When you're lost, having someone to lovingly lead the way back home is a wonderful blessing. That, not shaming or lecturing, is what teenagers need from their parents when they are lost.
A few years back I bought a GPS (Global Positioning System) device. For me, it may be the single best idea since the invention of fire. It always knows right where I am…it never judges my ability (or inability) to navigate…and more importantly, it knows how to get me to where I need to go, and back home again. With as much as I travel, I don't know how I could function without it.
Likewise, parents need to be a GPS in the life of their teenager.
More...
Popular Posts
-
Use in the Bible: In the Old Testament Jehovah-Shalom occurs only once in Jdg 6:24 . Variant spellings: None TWOT Reference: Non...
-
VOICES – TESTING Psalms 1:1 “Blessed is the man that walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the way of sinners,…” ...
-
A disciple is someone called, equipped, and sent--called to live "in" Christ, equipped to live "like" Christ, and sent t...
-
Godly Counsel: Scriptures For Today's World By Dr. Brian Campbell - Assisted by Rev. Jim Angelakos The Bible is best mental h...