Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Grace of Affliction by Dr. Patrick Morley

Here's the good side of affliction as reported by David, Daniel, Hezekiah, Joseph, and Paul....
  • David said, "I used to wander off until you disciplined me; but now I closely follow your word.... The suffering you sent was good for me, for it taught me to pay attention to your principles.... I know, O LORD, that your decisions are fair; you disciplined me because I needed it" (Psalm 119:67, 71, 75). 
  • Daniel said, "And some who are wise will fall victim to persecution. In this way, they will be refined and cleansed and made pure until the time of the end, for the appointed time is still to come" (Daniel 11:35).
  • Hezekiah said, "Lord, your discipline is good, for it leads to life and health" (Isaiah 38:16).
  • Joseph said, "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives" (Genesis 50:20).
  • Paul said, "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all" (2 Corinthians 4:17). "For our present troubles are quite small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us an immeasurably great glory that will last forever!" (2 Corinthians 4:17).
There must be something to it.


More....

Popular Posts