Monday, June 13, 2016

Comfort Scriptures

Scriptures on Comfort


Psalm 147:3
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.


Isaiah 25:8
The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces.


Psalm 34:18
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.


Isaiah 61:3
To all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the Lord has planted for his own glory.            
Jeremiah 31:13
The young women will dance for joy, and the men—old and young—will join in the celebration. I will turn their mourning into joy. I will comfort them and exchange their sorrow for rejoicing.


Isaiah 41:10
Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, yes, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.


Matthew 5:4
Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.


2 Corinthians 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort


Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.


There is hope and it is found in Jesus Christ. Jesus loves us and cares for us. He brings peace and comfort when He comes into our lives.  All we have to do is invite Him into our hearts...


For more scriptures on Grief and Comfort go to Counseling4Christians




Popular Posts