Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Praying the Temple Prayer with Pastor Cho (Station 2- The Laver)

Station 2. THE LAVER

Lord, I Invite You, Expose Sin In Me
Here, we clean our consciences every day like taking a bath or shower. The priests wash their hands, feet and face at the Laver. It is a looking glass. Before I go into the Holy Place, I look at myself in the Laver –what is wrong in my heart. I reflect on the 10 commandments. I desire a clear conscience. I cannot drag my guilty conscience into your presence, Lord. You won’t allow it.

Commandment 1 – Do I worship any other Gods? Do I put myself (self worship) ahead of (worship of Jesus)? There is only one God, in three persons: Father, Son, Holy Spirit. Forgive me, Lord, for dishonoring you by entertaining other gods.
Commandment 2 – Do I bow to any idols? Have I placed my role as husband, father, career person ahead of my role as a priest unto the Lord? Am I giving the first fruits of my day to something else? Am I worshiping graven images of money or power? Forgive me for dishonoring you by worshipping idols.
Commandment 3 – Do I call God’s name in vain – any of God’s names? Forgive me for dishonoring you by taking any of your names in vain.
Commandment 4 – Do I honor God by keeping the Sabbath Holy? Am I paying tithes and keeping the Sabbath before expecting blessing from Lord? Forgive me for dishonoring your Sabbath commandment. Teach me your ways!
Commandment 5 - Do I honor my parents or blame my parents for my problems? Do I dishonor those you put in authority over me – pastors, government leaders, school board, etc.? Do I gossip about them? Forgive us, Father, for the negative influence of American culture that disrespects our parents and dishonors You. May I be free from that influence. Forgive me for dishonoring my parents and any in authority over me. And where is the honor due You? Forgive me for dishonoring You, my Father in heaven.
Commandment 6 - Do I kill by hating? In what ways am I programming my mind or the minds of my children to hate or be angry or hold prejudice against anyone? I forgive others right now. I release all offenses. I repent of any angry words spoken. Forgive me for dishonoring you through angry words and hatred. O Lord, deliver me from an angry, bitter heart. Only you can do this. I have failed in controlling anger that rises up in me. Only you can give me the grace to have victory over this.
Commandment 7 - Do I commit adultery or entertain lustful thoughts? Forgive me for dishonoring you by being sexually impure. Cleanse me and make me holy! Give me the fear of the Lord. Help me to walk softly before you. Deliver me from the idolatry of the female form. Deliver me from unhealthy appetites.
Commandment 8 - Am I stealing -- from You, Lord, or anyone? Am I squandering or misusing Your gifts to me? Am I dishonest in my work, taking anything without paying for it or without permission? Forgive me for poor stewardship, for stealing or squandering time, talents, treasures from you, Lord. Forgive me for my dishonest gains and give me grace to return or restore what I have taken wrongly. Make me a good steward of your temple, my body, and all these things You’ve given me to manage as a priest in your temple.
Commandment 9 - Am I witnessing falsely? Forgive me for lying. Forgive me for being a false witness of Jesus. Forgive me for believing false ideas and vain philosphies. I want to be a true witness of Jesus Christ. Forgive me for dishonoring You by trusting false things. Give me the way, the truth, and the life in Jesus Christ!
Commandment 10 – Am I coveting? Am I coveting things you don’t want me to have –my neighbor’s house, car, reputation, wife, children, lifestyle? Covetousness is the first sin – the downfall of Eve and Adam that caused their disobedience. Am I coveting anything? My American lifestyle? All blessings are from the Lord. I am grateful for my (spouse), my home, my career, my children. All abundance is from You, Lord. You are the source of all blessings and abundance. Forgive me for dishonoring you by wanting anything outside of your will for me. God, you are a good God – an abundant God. You have a desire to bless me more than I do! I release my time, I release my money so you can make open space in my life. I want to receive your abundance and blessing! Your will be done. Make open spaces in my life. All this happens through the cross and the blood of Jesus Christ. I worship Jesus at the Laver in the Courtyard of the Tabernacle.

Popular Posts